FOX CITIES Magazine invites your interest in being a part of our staff!
Monthly Route Delivery Drivers
FOX CITIES MAGAZINE is seeking drivers to be responsible for timely monthly distribution in and around the Fox Cities and Green Bay on or around the first of each month. Pay is hourly plus mileage reimbursement. Number of hours and length of route is flexible, with minimum of 10 hours required.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license with no major violations, revocations or suspensions within the past 3 years
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Proof of current and ongoing full coverage auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Understanding of the Fox Cities area; ability to navigate from maps and directions.
- Ability to maintain accurate delivery records
- Good communication and listening skills
- Physical ability to
– lift and carry bundles and boxes of magazines up to 30 pounds
– enter and exit vehicle multiple times
– go up and down stairs
– bend low and reach high
Consistency and reliability are a must. Previous work history and references will be considered. Contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 733-7788 for more information.
We are always accepting applications from innovative and social account executives; expressive, talented freelancers; and creative-brained, web-wise editorial interns!
Individuals interested in relationship sales of high-quality publications, email Ruth Ann Heeter at email@example.com.
Wordsmiths interested in feature writing opportunities, email Ruth Ann Heeter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a long history of offering internships in our Editorial Department, providing students with experience in the day-to-day operations of the publication. When it’s time, interns leave their post with materials for their career portfolios.
Balancing a variety of responsibilities, intern duties run the gamut from completing writing assignments and gathering calendar information to updating the many facets of our website.
We are dedicated to equipping editorial interns with real-life experience. It matters to us that they leave our company with knowledge to assist them in their future career endeavors.
Besides the colleges and universities close to home, we look to other institutions around the state and consider applicants of all backgrounds and degrees. We do not discriminate based on race and sex. We are drawn to dedicated and unique personalities, which complement our fast-paced, demanding industry.
Interns finesse research and reporting/editing skills while getting an inside look at the workings of a monthly publication.
- Assisting the editor with research
- Updating calendars and guides
- Writing pullout articles, artist spotlight and/or feature articles
- Updating web content (Dining Guide, Events Calendar, features, blog)
- Organizing copy and small office projects
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior studying journalism or English. Previous writing experience preferred, but not required. Graduates looking for an unpaid position to gain experience also are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should be creative, enthusiastic, willing to learn, motivated and flexible. A love for coffee, chocolate and good music wouldn’t hurt either.
Send cover letter, résumé and writing samples to Amelia Compton Wolff, Fox Cities Magazine, P.O. Box 2496, Appleton WI 54912; or email materials to email@example.com.